- Written by
On November 15, 2020, around 12:00 PM UTC the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) network will undergo a protocol upgrade that will split the chain between Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA) and Bitcoin Cash Node (BCHN).
Lykke formally announces that it will only support Bitcoin Cash Node. This means that the BCH held on your Trading Wallet at the moment of the fork will be converted to Bitcoin Cash Node (BCHN) using the same ticker symbol “BCH”.
What will happen to my Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA)?
It is important to point out that Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA) will not be supported right after the fork. If you wish to claim your BCHA coins after the fork, we kindly suggest you to cash out your BCH before the 14th of November at 12:00 PM UTC.
At the moment we are not planning on listing BCHA on Lykke Exchange, we will evaluate the situation after the fork and decide what is best for our users.
This is what users can expect to happen:
- BCH deposits, withdrawals, and trading will be halted from the 14th of November at 12:00 PM UTC.
- All active BCH orders will be canceled.
- BCH deposits, withdrawals, and trading will stay disabled until the fork is completed and our development team believes it is safe to enable normal operations.
- Bitcoin Cash Node coins will be called “Bitcoin Cash” on our platform and represented by the ticker symbol “BCH”.
- Index market making will run with reduced volumes and increase spreads during that time.
We would like to clarify that by only supporting Bitcoin Cash Node, we will not support any type of wrongly cross-chain deposits.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]