Head of Risk
Finance · Full-time · Office
Head of Risk
Lykke is an international, Swiss-based company building a global marketplace for the free exchange of financial assets.
Lykke’s mission is to democratize finance by leveraging the power of the blockchain. Eliminating market barriers, Lykke will provide and promote equal access from anywhere in the world to the digitization and trade of virtually any asset of value.
After two years of exploration, Lykke is entering a fast-growth phase. We are looking for a Head of Risk to lead our risk strategy.
The Head of Risk develops and implement Risk Strategy across all products, overseeing a team of Risk Managers and ensuring that we meet our targeted financial performance objectives and nurture risk culture. The Head of Risk is expected to build and manage a high-performing risk team and work closely with the Enterprise, Finance, Product and Fields teams.
- Provide overall guidance and vision to develop and implement a group-wide risk strategy and risk management system
- Develop risk management procedures, including the definition of risk limits for specific types of risk; propose risk limits to be approved by the Leadership
- Introduce a system of risk assessment and measurement, identify key risks, and develop risk indicators
- Be aware of new tools and best practices of risk management in algo trading, clearing and settlement, payments and cryptocurrencies
- Introduce a system of corporate risk scorecards and apprise the Board of Directors, the audit committee, and other stakeholders
- Ensure that risks are identified and managed on the product and portfolio level, define product risk metrics in line with company objectives, and ensure that tracking and evaluation systems are in place related to all these metrics
- Collaborate with FI Product & Risk Control to enable and monitor pre-trade and post-trade risk controls.
- Drive the development of an exchange surveillance system
- Oversee operational risk, including information security
- Designing and performing regular company stress tests with regard to both financial and operational risks in collaboration with FI Product & Risk Control
- Ensure security and insurance of fiat and crypto deposits
- Take ownership for incident deep dives in case of loss / security incidents
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of risk concern and risk ownership in Lykke
- Work closely together with the Compliance and FI Product & Risk Control team
- Provide continuous input and support to Enterprise, Finance, and Fields teams
- Provide inputs to the pricing and hedging policy of financial products
- Facilitate Risk Committee work
- Proven expertise in risk management in the financial services sector
- Profound understanding of risk methodologies and frameworks
- Experience and proven interest in quantitative analysis
- Functional leadership skills, prior leadership experience is an asset
- Experience in data handling and management
- Positive thinking
- Tech savviness
- Genuine interest in decentralization and the blockchain
- Bias for action
The candidate will be located in either Zurich or Zug, Switzerland.
Lykke is an established cryptocurrency trading platform operating token exchanges as well as crypto exchanges in several jurisdictions, based in Zug, Switzerland. This is an exciting and interesting opportunity for a candidate who is keen to join the growing blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem. Candidates will enjoy a friendly environment where remote work is embraced, flexible work hours and can-do, enterprising spirit throughout.