1st prize is 300$. Second and third places will get 150$ each.
The entrance prize for each quality article is 25$.
You probably already know that Lykke is the only digital exchange of the very select few verified by Blockchain Transparency Institute that offers 0% trading fees. We truly believe that in the future economy, everybody will be able to exchange any kind of assets (be it an object, a currency or a service) freely with anybody in the world. In fact, our mission is to create the conditions necessary for such an exchange. However, in the current financial system, 0% trading fees may be as much of an obstacle as an advantage.
We decided to launch the second edition of Lykke Writing Contest to find out what is your opinion on a 0% trading fee exchange. Participate to be in with a chance to win our first prize!
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- Articles should be about your views on 0% trading fee exchanges or crypto exchange fee policies in general. They could be of a comparative nature (other fee policies), or could be listing pros and cons of such a policy, or talking about the impact a fee policy can have on the supply and demand. Remember that at least one part of the article has to be dedicated to the 0 trading fee policy of Lykke.
- Articles should be original and not copied from other publications. Any references made within the article to other studies or publications must be credited and noted. However, submissions will not be considered and may be removed if they are primarily a collection of links to other articles.
- Articles can be in English*, Spanish*, Italian*, Portuguese*, French*, German* and Russian* and have a minimum of 300 words. There is no maximum word limit.
- Articles can be published in any publication platform the participant is more comfortable with. Medium and Linkedin are good options for such kind of content.
- If the publishing platform of your choice allows tagging, your article must contain @Lykke tags.
- To enter the contest, please send an email to [email protected] with a link to the platform where the article is published along with the email address that you use for your Lykke Wallet.
- All participants must be registered and pass the KYC verification with Lykke to enter the competition and to receive the entrance prize of 25 dollars and be in for the chance of getting the main prize 300 dollars. Prizes will be sent to Lykke Wallets only.
- The top 5 submissions will be featured in our social media channels and the winning article will be included in our monthly newsletter.
- All submissions must be received between August 28, 2019 and September 15, 2019. The publication date has to be within this period as well. Winner will be announced on September 20, 2019.
- Winner will be selected by combining the number of likes and the selection criteria set by the management Team within Lykke. The selection criteria include: originality, that the theme requested above is present and thoroughly integrated into the other elements of the article, quality of the content, appropriate information level, mentioning of cited sources
All articles will be subject to plagiarism testing. Any plagiarized content will be rejected. In case of submission of two similar (plagiarizing each other) articles we will only accept the submission that entered earlier according to the email submission.
*Important this is not a linguistics writing competition. Content (idea) quality will prevail.
Terms & Conditions | Risks and Price Volatility
Terms & ConditionsPlease note the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) that apply to this writing competition. In addition, there may be additional restrictions depending upon the country you are in and applicable local laws. The parties to this agreement are you and Lykke Corp. "Lykke Corp" refers to Lykke Corp, Inc., and "Lykke" refers to Lykke Corp and its affiliates. Please note the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) that apply to this writing competition. In addition, there may be additional restrictions depending upon the country you are in and applicable local laws. The parties to this agreement are you and Lykke Corp. "Lykke Corp" refers to Lykke Corp, Inc., and "Lykke" refers to Lykke Corp and its affiliates.
- You must abide by the law.
- You must pass our KYC.
- Lykke employees, contractors, and their families are not eligible for rewards.
- Submissions selected for rewards, and the individuals who participate, will receive appropriate recognition at the sole discretion of Lykke.
- Eligibility for rewards and determination of the recipients and amount of reward shall be at the sole discretion of Lykke. A reward is not guaranteed.
- You are responsible for all taxes associated with and imposed on any reward that you may receive from Lykke.
- You are responsible for notifying Lykke of any changes to your contact information, including but not limited to your email address. Failure to do so may lead to the forfeiture of any rewards you may become eligible for and receive.
- Within 10 days, the wallets of the winners will be credited for the prize amount in fiat currency.
- Lykke Corp reserves the right to discontinue the Contest at any time without notice.
- If you or your bank are on a UN, US, EU, UK, Swiss or other sanctions list then you are ineligible to participate.
- If you are located in a restricted area (USA, Canada, New Zealand, Japan, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Quebec in Canada, Namibia and China) then you are ineligible to participate If you are located in or are in Yemen, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Syria and North Korea, you are ineligible to participate.
- Participants take part in this Competition at their own risk and expense.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the items listed above. This agreement may be amended or modified only by a subsequent agreement in writing.
- If any portion of this agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then the parties shall be relieved of their responsibilities arising under such portion, but only to the extent that such portion is illegal or unenforceable.
Risks and price volatility
Trading financial products involves significant risk and can result in the loss of your invested capital. You should not invest more than you can afford to lose and should ensure that you fully understand the risks involved. Before trading, please take into consideration your level of experience, investment objectives and seek independent financial advice if necessary. It is the responsibility of the Client to ascertain whether he/ she is permitted to use the services of Lykke based on the legal requirements in his/ her country of residence. You understand, acknowledge and agree that there are inherent risks in connection with trading securities, derivatives, and financial instruments on Lykke and using the Services as set out above and below. In particular, but not limited to, you understand the risks listed below:
(i)Risk of software weaknesses: You understand and accept that the underlying software application and software platform (i.e., the Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchain) is still in an early development stage and unproven, why there is no warranty that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, and why there is an inherent risk that the software could contain weaknesses, vulnerabilities, or bugs causing, inter alia, the complete loss of funds.
(ii)Regulatory risk: You understand and accept that the blockchain technology allows new forms of interaction and that it is possible that certain jurisdictions will apply existing regulations on, or introduce new regulations addressing, blockchain technology-based applications, which may be contrary to the current setup of Lykke and which may, inter alia, result in substantial modifications of Lykke Services, including their termination.
(iii)Risk of loss of private key: Lykke can only be accessed by using the wallet with a combination of your account information (address), private key, and password. The private key is encrypted with a password. You understand and accept that if your private key file and password respectively get lost or stolen, the obtained products associated with your account (address) or password will be unrecoverable and will be permanently lost.
(iv)Risk of theft: You understand and accept that the underlying software application and software platform (i.e. the Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchain) may be exposed to attacks by hackers or other individuals that could result in theft or loss of funds.
(v)Risk of mining attacks: You understands and accepts that the blockchain used for the Lykke is susceptible to mining attacks, including but not limited to double-spend attacks, majority mining power attacks, "selfish-mining" attacks, and race condition attacks. Any successful attacks present a risk to Lykke Services.
Lykke cannot and does not guarantee that any of the transactions you make will be profitable. You acknowledge and agree that the transactions may be highly volatile (i.e., high volatility may occur during important news events, economic surprises, unusual social events, etc.) and that buying and selling products involves the risk of acquiring rights against an issuer who might not be creditworthy.
Most importantly, have fun! We thank you for participating in this Contest.